Saturday, March 27, 2010

My Favorite Things....

We ALL have our favorite things.  What is the best tasting, most flavorful, most useful! 
There are so many products out there, how can you ever tell what is the best?  I have started making my list of "Favorite Things" related to food.  
All of these products have been found through testing, and retesting.  It makes me cringe thinking of ALL the money I have wasted on stuff I didn't really like, but bought because it was cheep.  Not only did it not taste very good, we didn't eat it very fast.  Now with my list of "Favorites" The food storage turn over is better!  Nothing going to waste.  Also, I can keep an eye out on these products and buy them when they are on sale!
 Here is my list with a brief explanation.

Adams Peanut Butter-NO Partially Hydroginated Oils here....just peanuts and salt. If peanut butter can be healthy, then this is the closest thing.
Best Food Light Mayo- Best tasting LIGHT mayo on the super market shelves! I've tried them ALL!
Wish Bone Salad Dressing(Light)- "Light" ANYTHING can suck, but their dressing is quite yummy!
Cattlemens BBQ Sauce-This BBQ sauce ROCKS!  ALL of the flavors!
Eletes Baby Dill Pickles- These pickles get eaten fast! YUM!
Dan's Food Crab Salad- Seriously this is my down fall!  I LOVE it, and can't help eating tons of it with salty crackers. JUST HEAVEN! (For freshness, check the container at the store, if it is LARGE(over a foot in length), then it is fresh and could last a week.  If it is a small container at the store, it won't last as long in your fridge.)
Gulden's Mustard- like mustard, LOVE GULDENS!  If I am going to have mustard, it's gotta be Guldens!
Frenches Mustard- If I can't get Gulden's Then buy Frenches, the no name is just icky!
Boars Head Lunch Meats-These are more expensive, but you gotta figure you are not paying for the WATER added to the other cheeper lunch meats. Their Chicken is the least expensive, and still really good.
Miso Mayo-Yummy replacement to mayo. Fabolous on fish tacos.
Silk LIGHT Soy Milk- Much better flavor than the original.

These are just a few of my favorite food items.  I hope they give you some insite into what is good when you are shopping at the store.  Try them, you might like em!

2 comments:

  1. Love your list. I love Bolthouse Yogurt dresssings. They are found in the produce refrigerated section. I love the Ranch and it only has 40 cal for 2 Tbsp. My other favorite is Kraft Light Mayo. I haven't tried the best foods light, but I love the kraft. Great list. I hope you keep adding to it. I love good suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah!!! I lOVE your Favorites! I am going to try them!

    ReplyDelete