Thursday, March 25, 2010

Crafty Easter Vase

Willams Sonoma has some of the finest and most beautiful decoration ideas.  The only thing I don't like is the extremly high price.  In the latest cataloge they have a great idea for Spring eggs.  They show a beautiful glass vase, with colorful eggs in it.  The vase itself is listed for $69.00, and it is very beautiful. If you want to add the monogram it increases to $79.00, not exactly in my price range.  The look is really nice, and it is the perfect look for my easter eggs.  Not being detered by price, I knew the perfect place to go to find something similar, Tai Pan Trading.  Tai Pan is one of my all time favorite stores.  It is good not only for decorating, but also to find amazing crative ideas.  At Tai Pan I found a similar vase for $7.00!!!  It is almost the exact design, for 90% off the cataloge price!  How cool is that!  The eggs in the vase are "Robin Eggs" from Whoppers candy.  I actually bought 3 bags thinking it would get filled up, I was wrong.  I really needed about 15 bags!  Especially with how quickly my kids eat the eggs!  Easter is on it's way!  This vase will add a nice touch to any spring decorations.   
 PS sign up for email from Tai Pan and recieve 25% off coupons!  That's Even Better!

5 comments:

  1. How cute!
    Where did you find the Robin Egg candies in all blue? Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Robin Egg candies can be found at Dans Food, or Maceys. They are right by the multi colored Whopper eggs. You get 1/2 what the multi bags have. They are so cute, I just had to get them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount you see in the glass is about 3 bags!!! I decided after filling it up, I might just use flowers to fill the vase, and use the candies in a smaller glass container!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute idea! there's a Tai Pan near me, but I just never get out anymore. Maybe next week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have so many great ideas! Some of their floral arrangements are really expensive. You can do it on your own for more than half what they charge, they have ALL the flowers right there!

    ReplyDelete